A PLANT WITH PURPOSE
EARTH-FRIENDLY SOLUTIONS SIMILAR TO HEMP
FACTS ABOUT KENAF
- Kenaf is a member of the Hibiscus Family.
- Planting depth is just under the surface of the soil.
- A well-draining soil or growing medium is recommended for growing Kenaf.
- Germination time for seeds is 4-6 days.
- Kenaf produces a beautiful flower at the end of its growth cycle.
- Plants can grow to over 18 Feet in a 150 day grow cycle.
- Whitten Kenaf produces a healthy, high-protein leaf that can be used to feed Humans or as a Livestock Fodder.
- Kenaf does not have the Stigma, Regulation, or Issues with Cross-Pollination that are presented with Industrial Hemp.
KENAF FOR FIBER
- A high-output Fiber Crop with huge potential and many uses similar to that of Industrial Hemp.
- Contains less lignin (glue-like material holding the plant together) than other paper sources, making it easier and more Earth-friendly to produce paper from.
- Has the ability to outproduce Industrial Hemp per acre for fiber.
- Already used to make high-quality paper for newspapers.
- Kenaf paper can be recycled many times, making it a preferred fiber for paper production.
- Kenaf fiber is used to make Car Parts and other Composite Materials.
KENAF FOR MULTI-USE STALK MATERIAL
- The woody, high-cellulose stalk of Kenaf is similar to that of Industrial Hemp and can produce similar solutions.
- Can be used in synergy with IMO's (Indigenous Microorganisms) to create excellent compost toilet material.
- Kenaf Stalk can be used to create Earth-friendly Solutions in Agriculture, Horticulture, Environmental, Ethical Fashion, and Green Building.
KENAF FOR CONSTRUCTION APPLICATIONS
- Kenaf-crete can be made from the stalk of the Kenaf Plant to build Homes, Domes, and Cabins just like with Hempcrete.
- Kenaf can be made into Particle Board, Roofing Materials, Paneling, Composites, and Other Construction Materials.
KENAF AS A SOURCE OF PROTEIN
- Leaves of the Kenaf Plant can be used as a healthy, high-protein lettuce for Humans.
- Kenaf can be used as a high-protein fodder for Livestock or mixed into existing feed.
KENAF FOR PRIVACY & WEATHER PROTECTION
- Can be grown to produce a "Living Fence" or a Wind Barrier around property.
- Kenaf creates environmental solutions for Erosion, Nitrogen Run-off Control, and more.
HOW TO ORDER KENAF SEEDS
All orders are processed securely through PayPal.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL SEED ORDERS
SIGN UP TO GROW KENAF
Join our network of Farmers
Register with Wholistic Synergy Hawaii to grow a Research Plot of Kenaf on your land. Help us collect data on this important crop and to promote a healthy, locally sourced Bio-Economy.
If you have farmland or greenhouse space available, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Contact us using the form listed below. Mahalo!
in the Hawaiian Islands
2017-2018 Kenaf Research Plots were grown in Volcano, Opihikao, Fern Forest, and Upper Hilo.
Video by Wholistic Synergy Hawaii (2018)
LEARN ABOUT KENAF ON YOUTUBE